I've been trying to write a poem a day to get my creative juices flowing. I haven't really talked about it much, but I'm in the process of researching for some steampunk novels I'm going to write. I'll talk about it more in a later post and it's something I'll keep updating in case someone here wants to eventually read them.
But for now, I've been writing poems and I've also been reading poems (my post last month about the poem "She Had Some Horses" is an example). And just like most of the time in life, when you start observing something, the universe brings it to you in spades.
One of my favorite websites is The Marginalian, and when I opened it today, of course there was a poem that Maria Popova wrote on Forgiveness. And of course she put it to music and had her friend Nick Cave read it.
That's the universe, man. It will mess with ya.
Enjoy!
(Here's the text of the poem)
FORGIVENESS
by Maria PopovaMay the tide
never tire of its tender toil
how over and over
it forgives the Moon
the daily exile
and returns to turn
mountains into sand
as if to say,
you too can have
this homecoming
you too possess
this elemental power
of turning
the stone in the heart
into golden dust.
No comments:
Post a Comment